Thursdays 6th and 13th April
19:00 - 21:30
Have you always wanted to learn how to use a sewing machine? We’re offering a brand new course to learn everything you need to make a tote bag!
Two-week course including:
- anatomy of a sewing machine
- how to set up and thread a machine, winding a bobbin and changing a needle
- sewing with a machine (learning stitch types and uses, correcting tension and free sewing)
- simple stitching (normal seams, cross seams, bias sewing, sewing with pins)
- using techniques to create a tote bag (hems, seams, construction and personalisation: buttonholes and zips)
Taught by Bee Martin, a local designer and maker of costumes, who has worked in professional theatre. Bee has a first-class degree in Costume Construction from Nottingham Trent and is currently running her own business.
Sewing machines are available or bring your own!
All materials provided plus refreshments. Workshops are held upstairs at No.3 Royston.